Before or after a death, bereavement services are offered to help individuals cope with the impending loss of a loved one or the loss of a loved one.
Our bereavement services are offered to all individuals in the community. Please call 702-796-3167 for more information.
During the first three weeks in November we will be offering our annual “Getting Through the Holidays” program during our normal support group times. During these groups, participants will learn to deal with the added stress of grieving during the holidays in coping, planning, remembering (CPR). We encourage all who are enduring loss with the holidays looming ahead to attend our groups at all locations during the first three weeks in November.
Bereavement support groups are facilitated by grief counselors. We create a confidential and comfortable environment in which participants may share their grief experiences with others. The following support groups are offered free of charge:
- Newly Bereaved - weekly grief support for individuals who have lost a loved one in the past 12 months.
- Adult Bereavement – weekly grief support group for adults.
- Spanish Family Bereavement - monthly support group - call Nora at 938-3918 for additional information.
- Perinatal and Infant Loss Group - monthly group providing comfort and hope after a pregnancy or infant loss.
- Teen Bereavement - monthly grief support for teenagers (ages 13-17)
- Family Support Group – grief support groups for children teenagers and their parents or guardians who have experienced the death of a loved one. These groups are offered in 6 week sessions throughout the year. Groups are designed as a safe place for children and teens to learn about grief, share feelings, and gain support through participating in discussion and activities. Groups are free of charge and are led by experienced facilitators.
Parents and Guardians
Children ages 7-12
Teens ages 13-17
For more information, or to register for Family Support Group
please call 702-796-3167.
Light Up A Life
During the holiday season the Center for Compassion Care hosts this event which memorializes those family members and friends who died throughout the year. The program combines loving words of caring and remembrance, music and the lighting of a candle for each person who still remains in our hearts.
Each spring, two Live Butterfly Release events are held (one in Las Vegas and one in Pahrump) as an occasion to remember and honor loved ones. View the Nathan Adelson Hospice events page for more information or contact the Nathan Adelson Hospice Foundation at 702-938-3910 for more information on this annual event.
For more information on our bereavement services please call us at 702-796-3167