Volunteering Provides A Special Gift to Everyone
Camp Erin Las Vegas will be held June 9-11, 2017! Click here for more information
“Everybody can be great, because anybody can serve…You only need a heart full of grace and a soul generated by love.”
-Martin Luther King, Jr.-
Imagine you are all that’s needed to put a smile on a face, ease an aching heart, or shine some light on an otherwise dark situation. You, as a Nathan Adelson Hospice volunteer, have the ability to change someone’s life.
Whether they provide companionship to a patient and their loved ones or offer administrative support, Nathan Adelson Hospice volunteers significantly impact the lives of each person they encounter.
Each volunteer also receives an amazing gift of knowing that their smiling face and gentle hands are of enormous comfort to each patient they meet. In addition, their hard work and dedication ensures that Nathan Adelson Hospice exceeds the highest standard of care.
Volunteering with Nathan Adelson Hospice is a rewarding and enriching way to enhance your life and the lives of the patients and their loved ones that we serve each day. For more information about volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Program Manager at 702-733-0320.
About Our Volunteers
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community while assisting our organization in accomplishing and furthering its mission and goals.
As our communities largest non-profit hospice; Nathan Adelson Hospice is committed to providing a wide range of opportunities to meet the needs of our patients through the Volunteer Program.
For over a quarter of a century, Nathan Adelson Hospice Volunteers have played a key role in our patient and family care services. Without the efforts of dedicated volunteers, we could not maintain the high quality services the community expects from Nathan Adelson Hospice. We invite members of the community, ages 13 years old and above, to become Nathan Adelson Hospice Volunteers!
In addition to making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families, volunteers will gain practical skills and knowledge through educational opportunities, monthly support sessions and a monthly newsletter.
- Patient/Family Support Volunteers - Provide companionship and support to hospice patients and their families in patient homes, nursing homes, assisted living facilities or our inpatient units.
- Transport Volunteers - Provide transportation to hospice patients to and from doctors' visits and shopping trips.
- Spiritual Care Volunteers - Provide spiritual support to hospice patients and their families and participate in monthly memorial services.
- Comfort Care Volunteers - Assist with the Bonnie Schreck Memorial Complementary Therapies program providing pet therapy, aromatherapy, massage therapy (must be a licensed LMT), Reiki and reminiscence therapy.
- Clerical Volunteers - Provide administrative support to the Hospice staff. Filing, computer input, assembling information packets, bulk mailings, telephone support and reception work are examples of the types of work done by office volunteers.
- Community Outreach Volunteers - Host health fairs and community events representing Nathan Adelson Hospice. Speak to community groups about hospice programs and services.
- Camp Volunteers - The Camp Erin team aims to provide a fun, safe and memorable camp experience for each camper.
Please call for application forms for campers and/or volunteers.
Must be 13 years or older to volunteer. Volunteer opportunities are available for in-patient and non-patient related areas. Volunteer training is required for those choosing to volunteer with patients and families. Volunteer orientation is required for those choosing to volunteer in a clerical role.
For more information, call 702-733-0320.
Volunteer Support Groups
Volunteer Support Groups are held regularly for all of our volunteers. Please call to confirm dates and times.
Volunteer Training -
All new volunteers must attend two days of training.
For additional information on Volunteer Support Groups or upcoming Volunteer Training Sessions please call the Volunteer Department at 702-733-0320.