Dennis L. Kennedy represents a wide range of health care providers and practices primarily in general commercial litigation. Mr. Kennedy has represented many of the country's hotel, gaming, insurance, pharmaceutical, tobacco, and other companies in the defense of class action and complex litigation.
He is an author and frequent speaker in the areas of health care law and legal ethics. Mr. Kennedy is listed in Best Lawyers in America for Health Care Law. Clients, through Chambers USA, describe him as a “true gentleman” in the courtroom while ranking him as a leading litigator in the State of Nevada.
As an Associate and Shareholder in Lionel Sawyer & Collins from 1975-2006, Mr. Kennedy’s thriving commercial litigation practice emphasized class actions and complex commercial litigation, antitrust law, hospital and healthcare law, and legal ethics. He continues to focus in these areas.
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate and Shareholder, Lionel Sawyer & Collins (1975-2006)
- Professional and Civic Involvement
- Member, Nevada Supreme Court Bench-Bar Committee
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, Nathan Adelson Hospice
- Past Member (1989-1997) and Chairman (1992-1994) State Bar of Nevada Disciplinary Board, Southern District of Nevada
- Chairman, Nevada State Bar Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Member, Nevada State Bar Committee on the Revisions to the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Member, Nevada Supreme Court Committee on the Study of Judicial Elections (1995)
- Member, Nevada Supreme Court Committee on the Public Discipline of Attorneys (1993)
- Adjunct Professor of Law, William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Co-Editor, Nevada Civil Practice Manual (Sixth Edition, 2004)
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association Sections of Administrative Law, Anti-Trust Law and Health Law.
- Member, American Academy of Healthcare Attorneys
- Member, National Health Lawyers Association
- Member, American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics
- Member, International Association of Gaming Attorneys
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, Clark County Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Best Lawyers in America, recognized for Health Care Law