Who can request hospice services?
- Family Members or Friends
- Physicans or Healthcare Professionals
Contacting Nathan Adelson Hospice early, even if you are not sure if hospice is the best option, helps to ensure that patients are made as comfortable as possible and families are provided with the support they need to understand what to expect as their loved ones illness progresses. To talk with someone about Nathan Adelson Hospice please call:
- Las Vegas (702) 733-0320 or (702) 796-3154
- Pahrump (775) 751-6700
What to expect?
- A highly trained and experienced Hospice Admissions Representative will schedule a personal consultation with you and your family.
- Each patient is evaluated individually to determine their prognosis and if their medical goals are consistent with what hospice provides.
- Prior to admission a physician's referral is obtained and the hospice assessment can be completed; state and federal regulations require that all hospices' substantiate hospice eligibility.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) urges physicians to make early referrals for those with life limiting disease, noting:
- Prognoses do not have to be certain, as some end-stage conditions have unpredictable courses
- Patients may initially improve on hospice
- Patients may be in hospice care longer than six months