Before or after a death, bereavement services are offered to help individuals cope with the impending loss of a loved one or the loss of a loved one. Our support groups are offered to all individuals in the community. Please call 702-796-3167 for more information.
Support groups are facilitated by grief counselors. Our goal is to create a comfortable and confidential environment so that participants will share their grief experiences with others. The following support groups are offered free of charge:
- Adult Bereavement – weekly grief support group for adults.
- Perinatal and Infant Loss Group - monthly group providing comfort and hope after a pregnancy or infant loss.
- Compassionate Friends of Las Vegas - monthly grief support for parents who have lost a child of any age - contact Mandy for more information:(480) 570-8098.
- Teen Bereavement - monthly grief support for teenagers (ages 13-17).
- Family Support Group – grief support groups for children (7-12), teenagers (13-17) and their parents or guardians who have experienced the death of a loved one. These groups are offered in 8 week sessions throughout the year. Groups are designed as a safe place for children and teens to learn about grief, share feelings, and gain support through participating in discussion and activities. Groups are free of charge and are led by experienced facilitators. Parent or guardian must attend.
For more information or to register for a Support Group please call 702-796-3167.
Each spring, two Live Butterfly Release events are held (one in Las Vegas and one in Pahrump) as an occasion to remember and honor loved ones. View the Nathan Adelson Hospice events page for more information or contact the Nathan Adelson Hospice Foundation at (702) 938-3910 for more information on this annual event.
Light Up A Life
During the holiday season the Center for Compassion Care hosts its annual Light Up A Life event. This special service is held so families can memorialize a loved one or friend who they lost that year. This program combines loving words of caring and remembrance, music and the lighting of a candle for each person who still remains in our hearts.