Spikenard essential oil comes from the Valerianaceae family, the same one from which we get Valerian. Both have calming and sedative properties and Spikenard is also anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, deodorant, fungicidal, laxative, sedative and tonic. It is known to be non-toxic, non-irritating and non-sensitizing.
Steam distilled from a grass, the finest quality Vetiver is called Bourbon vetiver and it originates from the Reunion Islands. However, it is also grown in Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Java, the Seychelles, Brazil, Haiti, Japan and India, where it is called the Oil of Tranquility. That should give you an indication of how it is most often used in aromatherapy and perfumery.
Recent Blog Posts
- March 25, 2020We Need Your Help
- March 18, 2020Donor Spotlight - Paying It Forward - Maria and Brad Souder
- March 16, 2020Nathan Adelson Hospice: COVID-19 Update
- March 13, 2020Fun Food and Fashion at 2020 A Flair for Care Event
- December 12, 2019What is the difference between a non-profit and for-profit hospice?
- December 09, 2019How to Deal With Grief at the Holidays
- November 20, 2019A Final Salute